Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book Review - The Kingmaker’s Daughter by Philippa Gregory


This is historical fiction and the fourth book in the Cousin’s War Series. It looks at the Cousin’s War in England through the eyes of Anne Neville the youngest daughter of Richard Warwick (The Kingmaker). Her father is the one who fought (and won) to put Edward York on the throne instead of King Henry VI. 



The book shows how Anne and her sister Isabel are used as pawns to further their father’s power and later the power of their husbands. This leaves Anne not knowing who to trust. Can she trust her father, sister, and husband?

The book started out really good. (Although, it had been over a year since I had read book 3 and I was confused at first by who was who.) The last quarter of the book became very repetitive. I found myself skipping whole sections because it had already been said two pages before.

I would give this book 3/5 stars because I found the majority of the book very interesting.

What book have you been loving?

Remember to follow me on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment