Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book Review: Z A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald By Therese Anne Fowler




 I recently finished a historical fiction book about Zelda Fitzgerald. She was the wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald who is most famous for writing The Great Gatsby (he’s one of my favorite writers too). 


When I was in college I had to do a research paper about a woman married to a famous man. That’s when I stumbled across Zelda. She was an amazing woman that was full of life and potential. F. Scott Fitzgerald coined the term “flapper” and supposedly based it on Zelda. She was considered the definition of a modern woman during the early 1920’s. Zelda was a good writer that I believe never got the recognition she deserved. Unfortunately, the later half of her life was fill of tragedy as she was considered crazy. She spent the last years of her life in and out of sanitariums.

The book Z A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald By Therese Anne Fowler takes a nontraditional take on her life. It takes what history has said about Zelda and turned it upside down. I found the book thoroughly interesting and highly recommend it.

What book are you reading now? What’s your favorite genre to read?

Want to see what I’m reading? Follow me on Goodreads to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment